1) 84vw, (min-width: 1005px) 60vw, 100vw" srcset="https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/01/26/business/26jpfacebook-print/merlin_140346195_8c9b04fe-f065-4f84-9f41-d5a439b54588-articleLarge.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp 600w,https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/01/26/business/26jpfacebook-print/merlin_140346195_8c9b04fe-f065-4f84-9f41-d5a439b54588-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp 1024w,https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/01/26/business/26jpfacebook-print/merlin_140346195_8c9b04fe-f065-4f84-9f41-d5a439b54588-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp 2048w" alt="" />
“Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive, plans to integrate the social network’s messaging services — WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger — asserting his control over the company’s sprawling divisions at a time when its business has been battered by scandal.”
Source : Zuckerberg Plans to Integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger – The New York Times
“The departures raise questions about Instagram’s future at a time when Facebook faces its most sustained set of crises in its 14-year history. For much of the past two years, critics have railed against Facebook for being careless with user data and for not preventing foreign interference across its network of more than two billion people”.
Source : Instagram’s Co-Founders to Step Down From Company – The New York Times
“We know that as a parent it may be hard to understand the changing digital landscape and what your kids are doing online. That’s why we’ve created this resource. We’re here to fill you in on what Instagram is all about, give you some conversation starters for you and your teen, and show you some of the tools that are in place to keep your teen safe. You can also download a copy of our Parent’s Guide”.
Source : Instagram Well-Being
“Three main factors determine what you see in your Instagram feed:
- Interest: How much Instagram predicts you’ll care about a post, with higher ranking for what matters to you, determined by past behavior on similar content and potentially machine vision analyzing the actual content of the post.
- Recency: How recently the post was shared, with prioritization for timely posts over weeks-old ones.
- Relationship: How close you are to the person who shared it, with higher ranking for people you’ve interacted with a lot in the past on Instagram, such as by commenting on their posts or being tagged together in photos.
Beyond those core factors, three additional signals that influence rankings are:
- Frequency: How often you open Instagram, as it will try to show you the best posts since your last visit.
- Following: If you follow a lot of people, Instagram will be picking from a wider breadth of authors so you might see less of any specific person.
- Usage: How long you spend on Instagram determines if you’re just seeing the best posts during short sessions, or it’s digging deeper into its catalog if you spend more total time browsing”.
Source : How Instagram’s algorithm works | TechCrunch
«Today, we collectively and continuously document our city experience on social media platforms, shaping a virtual city image. Multiplicity reveals a novel view of this photographic landscape of attention and interests. How does Paris look as seen through the lens of thousands of photographers? What are the hotspots of attraction, what are the neglected corners? What are recurring poses and tropes? And how well do the published pictures reflect your personal view of the city?» – Via Nicolas Nova
Source : Truth & Beauty – Multiplicity