“Here are the factors that Tesla will be tracking to determine your safety rating:
- ABS Activation – Number of times ABS is activated Hours Driven – Average daily driving time Forced Autopilot
- Disengagements – Number of times Autopilot is disabled due to ignored alerts Forward Collision
- Warnings – Number of times car detects a potential forward collision
- Unsafe Following Time – Portion of time spent at an unsafe following distance
- Intensity of Acceleration and Braking – Speed variance due to extreme acceleration and braking. Shown on a scale from 0-10 as measured against Tesla’s internal fleet.
This score is going to affect your premium by up to 50% on a monthly basis – meaning that it can increase or lower your insurance cost depending on how you drive.”